World's Best - Guest Bedroom

Right now, our spare room houses everything that doesn’t belong in the kitchen, living room, bedroom or bathroom. It has a desk and a filing cabinet, some fitted cupboards that store anything and everything, Paul’s weights bench, a sofa bed for when guests crash and the laundry basket and air er. Oh, and a half-baked attempt at a gallery wall which I’m putting on pause until we move. In our next house I would really like a guest room-come-office that’s practical and pretty… and without a weights bench or laundry basket in sight.
We’ve been a bit spoilt with our current bedroom. It’s huge and drenched in light (as the front of the house is south-facing), and as we painted it in Farrow & Ball Cornforth White when we moved in (the palest of blue/grey) it has a lovely, calming feel. Paul has stated several times in the last few weeks that we are to “have our bedroom exactly the same” in our next house, a sentiment I adore him for having but don’t entirely agree with.
See, I’m really keen to go a little bit bolder with the blue. A little bit deeper, and a little bit moodier. With lots of white to still make the room feel bright and airy, and perhaps accents of gold or copper for warmth, I think a moody blue is super chic and ever-so grown up.
We inherited a brand new bathroom when we moved in to our current home, which, although modern and perfectly nice is certainly… bijou. Aka tiny. Paul and I do a wiggle/dance round each other every night to try and reach the sink when we’re brushing our teeth. I’ve never really got massive bathrooms, but I’m certainly looking forward to having a bit more space. Enough room to store towels for example, or to be able to sit and chat when one of us is in the bath. I’ve noticed a bit of a theme in the bathrooms I’ve pinned so far- I like a very clean, white look with a free-standing bath, subway tiles and a large sash window. The last feature is a tad difficult to achieve in a 1930′s semi but something to wish for nonetheless!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

World's Best House Interior Design